Promoted by: Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance, Italian Ministry of Education, Region of puglia
In cooperation with: University of Bari – Department of Chemistry, University of Lecce, FAI Instruments s.r.l., LEnviroS s.r.l.
Main scientific goals:
Implemantation of an integrated system for the particulate matter characterization on wide areas. In particular, the project is aimed at the following golas:
- engineering development and testing onsite of a prototype for the determination of the local and regional contributions to the fine particulate matter concentrations
- engineering development and testing onsite of the prototype for the determination of the contribution of the single sources (‘fugitive emission’) to the fine particulate matter concentrations
- engineering instruments for the fine particulate matter sampling and for the continuous automatic determination of the heavy metals
FAI Instruments contribution:
The company placed at partners disposal the following instruments:
- Multichannel OPC Monitor , for the characterization of the granulometric fractions >0.3 µm with distibuted spectra up to 72 granulometric channels
- HYDRA Dual Sampler, automatic particulate matter sampler, working simultaneously on two independent sampling lines
- PBL Mixing Monitor, sequential automatic system able to estimate the low PBL layers mixing ratio.